Spencer had his graduation! Emotional, but not overly because most of the time I couldn't see a thing! He was all smiles, singing songs and flipping the thumbs up when he finally caught my eye! During a quiet moment it was his loud exclamation "I can see my Grandma!" that made the crowd laugh. There were so many thumbs ups that someone behind me asked if he was running for office. After the ceremony we went back for his class party. He got a little emotional and when I asked him later why he was upset he said he was going to miss his friends. No, not one kid in his class will accompany him to kindergarten in our district. They will all go their separate ways come August. I hope they remember each other 16 years down the road when they meet at a bar and relive the good old days of glitter glue and goldfish crackers.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment